Wow! This year is already starting to fly by! Just yesterday it was Christmas. Well, I finally took a break from my crazy work schedule so I could fill you all in on what has been going on with us lately. Thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome during our trip to Utah in December, we had such an incredible time and it was SO hard to come back to reality. Due to the weather looking pretty ugly for our scheduled trip, we were lucky and my boss let me go a few days early! This is the story...
Looking at the weather the week of Christmas, things weren't looking too great from Fort Collins all the way to Utah, so Jason and I were getting pretty bummed thinking we were probably going to have to postpone our drive until after Christmas for the storm was pass. Meanwhile, I had woke up Saturday morning (the Saturday before our planned trip) with an extremely, painful tooth ache. Seriously, I wanted to slice my entire left half of my face off...it was pretty awful. So, I called my friend, Micah, who's husband I knew was a dentist. We made an appointment for the coming Tuesday. Well, that Tuesday, weather was looking even worse. I was pretty much in panic mode, and now I am thinking my boss was picking up on it. He came in my office, and told me to not come into work the next day so we could drive home!! So wonderful! Thank you Dean! This definitely lifted my spirits! However, the storm was looking like it was already headed for us and would most likely start that night. Later that night around 7pm, I went to my dentist appointment...which unfortunately lead to scheduling another appointment in January to get a root canal...big, big bummer :( On our way home, Jason and I were debating what we should do about our drive home. It was about 8:00pm when Jason had the insane idea that we should leave right then! I hadn't even packed!! And we were going to be driving in the dark! Yikes! Well, guess what. We decided to go for it! We got home, I threw basically all of my closet in a few suitcases, packed up the Christmas gifts, and we left Fort Collins at 8:30pm! Well, it turned out to be a great idea! We hit some scary weather heading over into Laramie, WY, but seriously the driving conditions we awesome (and my mouth was feeling ok, due to the amazing Vicodin I prescribed! he he) We got to Jason's parent's house around 3:30am, and we couldn't have been happier. Also, thank you to my amazing sis-in-law Mandy for luckily scheduling the first half of a root canal the next morning at 9am! Ha ha! Yes, I really went to two different dentists in two states less than 12 hrs apart! I was pretty tired, but during our entire visit I was pain free! Total chaos...story of my life. The next 12 days were absolutely wonderful!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment